PdfCodeEditor08 Jul 2016
Hello, my name is Dmitry Goryachev and I’m a software engineer from Atalasoft. Let me introduce the tool, which I created to explore and edit PDF-files – PdfCodeEditor.
When I began working with PDF as a developer, I found some tools for viewing internals of PDF (PDFXplorer, “Browse Internal PDF Structure” in Acrobat Reader Pro DC and etc.). However, these tools do not work with damaged PDF-files. First time I worked with Notepad++ with HEX-plugin, but switching to HEX for viewing character offset and back is very annoying. Also after point-fixes, in some specific cases, I got broken PDF-streams due to the saving.
For these purposes, I created PdfCodeEditor. Now it allows open damaged PDF-files, edit them and save without issues.
- Syntax highlighting and hiding streams in regions
- Viewing actual offset of the characters
- Go to definition on Ctrl + left mouse/F12
- Navigation to the next or previous offset
- Navigation to the specified offset
- Standard Search panel from AvalonEdit
- Saving does not damage the PDF-streams
- Support Chocolatey
- Object-tree to simplify navigation
- Viewing decoded streams
- Viewing streams as HEX, Image, Text, etc.
- Auto-updating xreftables after edit
If you are interested in contributing, join to PdfCodeEditor on GitHub. Thank you for attention, see you later!